Kale is an incredibly nutritious and delicious leafy green vegetable. It is also surprisingly easy to cut and prepare. To properly chop kale, rinse it thoroughly to clean it off and pat it dry. Remove the tough inner stem then stack and roll the leaves together. Cut them into ribbons and discard the stem. Finally, chop the ribbons into small pieces. With a few simple steps you can easily prep your kale to use in soups, salads, and other recipes.
How To Chop Kale
Preparing the Kale
- Remove the larger stems and midribs of the kale leaves
- Wash and dry the leaves
Cutting the Kale
- Stack the leaves together on a cutting board with the large stems facing in the same direction
- Starting from the top and roll them so it forms a cylinder
- Cut the cylindrical shape of kale leaves into desired size
- Toss the chopped kale with your dressing of choice
- Serve and enjoy!
By following these easy steps, you can successfully chop kale for any recipe.