“How To Massage Kale” is an article that offers a simple but effective technique to quickly break down the fibers of kale before preparing a salad. The author explains how massaging kale with your hands will make it easier to digest while still preserving its health benefits. The author recommends that you first start by washing the kale and patting it down with a kitchen towel. Then, add a few drops of quality oil – such as olive, avocado, walnut, or flaxseed – to the kale, and simply rub them between your fingertips for a minute or two. Massaging the kale will help to break down its fibers, creating a softer texture and making it easier for the body to absorb its beneficial nutrients. The author also suggests adding some acidity like lemon juice, vinegar, or even some salt to add flavor and help to break down the fibers even further.
Massaging kale before using it in recipes is one great way to bring out its flavor.
Instructions for Massaging Kale:
- Rinse the Kale: Rinse the kale leaves in cold water and leave them to dry.
- Add the Kale to a Large Bowl or Ziploc Bag: You can add the kale to a large bowl. Alternatively, put the leaves in a Ziploc bag.
- Add a Little Bit of Salt: Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the kale leaves.
- Massage: Using your hands, massage the leaves until they become limp and have a silky texture.
- Let it Sit: Let the kale sit for about 10 minutes before you use it in recipes.
Massaging kale enhances its flavor and texture, resulting in more enjoyable dishes. Give it a try!