Kale is a nutrient-packed leafy green vegetable that can be used in salads, smoothies, and stir-fries. To get the most out of kale when using it in salads, it should be properly prepared. First, rinse the kale in cold water to remove any dirt and debris. Then, tear off the stems and destem, discarding them. Once the leaves are torn up, wash them again, and then pat them dry with paper towels or a salad spinner. Finally, massage the leaves with olive oil, salt and pepper, and any other desired seasonings. Following these steps will ensure that the kale is fresh and delicious in salads.
How To Prep Kale For Salad
- Salt (to taste)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove the stems from the kale leaves.
- Rinse the kale leaves.
- Dry the kale leaves using a salad spinner or towels.
- Tear the dried leaves into smaller pieces with your fingers.
- Transfer the kale pieces to a bowl; add the lemon juice, salt, and olive oil.
- Massage the oil into the leaves until they are tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Kale can be a delicious, nutritious addition to any salad. To prepare kale for a salad, start by removing the stems from the leaves and rinsing them. Once dry, you can tear the leaves into smaller pieces and season with a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and some extra-virgin olive oil. Massage the mixture into the kale leaves until they are tender and taste to adjust the seasoning, if needed.