This Kale and Avocado Salad is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. It starts with a base of tender kale, which is tossed in a lime vinaigrette. Then it is topped with creamy chunks of avocado and salty crumbled feta cheese. To top it off, the salad is finished with a sprinkle of crunchy pepitas and a few slices of red onion. The result is a light and refreshing salad that goes well with any type of meal.
Kale and Avocado Salad
- 3 cups kale, stems removed and cut into long thin strips
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the kale and avocado.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the salad and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Toss until the kale and avocado are lightly coated.
- Serve immediately.
What are the health benefits of kale and avocado salad?
1. High in Vitamins and Minerals: Kale and avocado are both rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. The combination of the two can provide vital nutrients for the body.
2. Antioxidant-Rich: Kale is a great source of antioxidants like vitamin C, carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin), as well as manganese and flavonoids. Avocado also contains beneficial antioxidants.
3. Heart-Healthy: The healthy fats in avocado can help to reduce cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Aids in Digestion: Avocado is high in fiber, which can help keep you regular.
5. Prevents Cancer and Beneficial for Skin: Kale has been shown to have anti-cancer benefits, while a diet that incorporates avocado has been credited with reducing wrinkles and aiding in cell repair.