Kale and Avocado Toast is a simple, healthy and delicious snack or light meal featuring kale and avocado topped with a variety of additional ingredients. The dish involves the toasting of a fresh or sourdough baguette, followed by layering on a mix of chopped kale, ripe avocado, and a variety of optional further ingredients such as freshly sliced tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese, salt and pepper, green onions, balsamic vinaigrette, or olive oil. This combination of ingredients makes for a quick, healthy, and mouth watering way to get plenty of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Kale and Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of toasted Bread
- 1 cup Chopped Kale Leaves
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado, mashed
- Pinch of Salt
- Toast the bread slices until lightly golden.
- In a bowl combine the kale, avocado, and salt until everything is well mash and mixed.
- Spread the kale and avocado mixture on top of the toasted bread.
What other toppings can be used on Kale and Avocado Toast?
– Truffle Oil
– Roasted Red Peppers
– Grilled Zucchini
– Sliced Radishes
– Caramelized Onions
– Mashed Avocado and Feta
– Cucumber and Dill
– Crispy Bacon
– Sprouts and Sunflower Seeds
– Toasted Almonds and Lemon Juice
– Sliced Hard-Boiled Eggs
– Hummus and Paprika
What are some healthy alternatives to Kale and Avocado Toast?
1. Oats and Berries Toast: Toast up some oats, spread on your favorite nut butter, top with fresh berries, and you have a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack.
2. Hummus and Red Pepper Toast: Spread your favorite hummus on some freshly toasted whole grain bread and top with freshly sliced red pepper.
3. Banana and Almond Butter Toast: Slather some almond butter on freshly toasted whole grain bread and top with freshly sliced bananas to make a delicious and protein packed breakfast.
4. Arugula and Egg Toast: Toasted whole grain bread, topped with freshly cooked eggs (sunny side up or scrambled) and topped with arugula makes for a delicious and lite yet filling meal.
5. Ricotta Cheese and Fruit Toast: Spread some freshly made ricotta cheeseing on whole grain toast, top with your favorite fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon for a delicious and fiber-filled breakfast.