Kale and Bacon Frittata is a delicious, hearty, and healthy breakfast or lunch dish. This one-pan meal is made by combining diced bacon, garlic, and kale in a skillet and then adding eggs to the mix. After cooking everything together until the eggs are cooked through, you can top the frittata with shredded cheese and diced tomatoes for extra flavor. The bacon adds a nice smokiness and the kale provides a nice crunch to the dish. This easy and tasty meal is sure to be a hit with the whole family and can be served with toast, a salad, or simply on its own.
Kale and Bacon Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- In a 9-inch oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook stirring until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Add nutmeg and thyme, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil and kale and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over kale mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Shake pan lightly to evenly distribute egg mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until set and lightly golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!