Kale and Bacon Pizza is an interesting twist on a classic pizza dish. This recipe incorporates just the right amount of healthy and indulgent ingredients in order to please even the pickiest pizza lover. The pizza dough is made with whole wheat flour and olive oil to add robust flavor and a healthier option. The star ingredients in this dish are kale and bacon, which are cooked together with garlic, chili flakes, and a splash of balsamic vinegar for extra zest. To top it off, the pizza is generously sprinkled with cheddar cheese and a few sprigs of rosemary. It is an easy to assemble dish that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Kale and Bacon Pizza
- 1 pound of pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12 inch pizza pan or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small skillet or saucepan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to 12 inches. Place on prepared pan or baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the kale, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Mix to coat.
- Scatter the bacon and kale mixture over the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes before serving.