Kale and Cheese Omelette is a delicious and healthy breakfast or brunch dish that is quick and easy to make. It features eggs, kale, cheese, and a few additional ingredients such as garlic, butter, and salt. First, butter is melted in a skillet over medium heat, then the chopped kale is added and sautéed until tender. The beaten eggs are then added and cooked until the omelette is set. Finally, the grated cheese is sprinkled on top and cooked until melted. Combined, these simple, wholesome ingredients create a flavorful omelette that is a great way to start any day.
Kale and Cheese Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- Whisk together eggs and milk or cream in a small bowl.
- Stir in kale, cheese, and salt.
- Heat oil or butter in a small skillet over medium heat. When hot, pour in egg mixture.
- Let the omelette cook until almost set, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until both sides are golden and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What are some healthy toppings for a Kale and Cheese Omelette?
1. Sliced avocado
2. Sliced tomatoes
4. Sautéed mushrooms
5. Chopped bell pepper
6. A dollop of Greek yogurt
7. Chopped green onion
8. Toasted sunflower seeds
9. Fresh fruit
10. Pesto or salsa
What substitute ingredients can be used in a Kale and Cheese Omelette?
-Spinach and/or other leafy greens