This tasty burrito combines the flavors of kale and chickpeas for a flavor-packed meal. After chopping and lightly sautéing the kale and garlic, the chickpeas are cooked with cumin, paprika, and oregano for a delicious Mexican flavor. The mixture is then piled onto a warm tortilla and topped with avocado, salsa, and sour cream. This burrito is easy to make and provides a filling, nutritious meal.
Kale and Chickpea Burrito
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 4 burrito-size tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese, optional
- 1 avocado, sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the cooked chickpeas, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, sea salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Add the olive oil and mix together until the chickpeas are well-coated.
- Spread the coated chickpeas onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the chickpeas are baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a few tablespoons of water and cook for
5 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the kale and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm the tortillas in a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the burritos: place the cooked chickpeas and kale mixture in the center of the tortilla and top with dairy-free cheese, avocado,
and your favorite extras. Roll up the burrito and enjoy.