A Kale and Egg Breakfast Burrito is a quick and easy breakfast option that is packed with nutrition. It starts with a base of lightly sautéed kale, which is then topped with scrambled eggs, onions, peppers, garlic, and your choice of cheese. The burrito is wrapped in a warm tortilla and served with a side of salsa. This healthy breakfast burrito is low in calories, but high in fiber, protein, and vitamins making it a great start to your day.
Kale and Egg Breakfast Burrito
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of kale
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of low-fat shredded cheese
- 3 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the kale to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and stir with a fork until just cooked through.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the eggs and kale and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Lay a tortilla wrap on a flat surface and spoon the kale and egg mixture in the center.
- Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll up to form a burrito.
- Repeat for the other tortillas.
- Serve warm and enjoy!