This Kale and Egg Breakfast Sandwich is an easy and tasty way to start your day with a healthy, delicious meal. It begins by lightly toasting an English muffin and then topping it with a lightly whisked egg, cooked kale and your favorite cheese. The sandwich is then grilled until the egg is cooked and the cheese is melted. The result is a savory, protein-packed sandwich that is sure to satisfy and energize.
Kale and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 1/4 cup of kale
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale and garlic powder and cook until the kale is wilted.
- Crack the egg into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the kale and egg together to combine.
- When the egg is cooked through, remove from the heat with a spatula and set aside.
- Toast the bread.
- Lay one slice of toast down on a plate and top with the kale and egg mixture.
- Top with the second slice of toast.