Kale and Lentil Stew is a warm, hearty and nutritious vegan stew. The stew combines kale and lentils, as well as onion, carrots, garlic, and spices. The kale provides antioxidants and a vitamin-rich, nutritious base while the lentils add protein and fiber. The onion and garlic provide a strong base flavor and the spices give the stew a flavorful kick, especially cumin and paprika. The result is a savory, comforting stew that is packed full of vitamins and minerals. This stew is the perfect dish to warm up a cold winter night.
Kale and Lentil Stew
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3 cups roughly chopped kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil, onion, garlic and spices. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, lentils, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the kale and cover again. Continue cooking until the lentils are tender, about 10 minutes more. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
2 thoughts on “Kale and Lentil Stew”
Cool. I spent a long time looking for relevant content and found that your article gave me new ideas, which is very helpful for my research. I think my thesis can be completed more smoothly. Thank you.
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!