Kale and Mushroom Stir Fry is a quick and easy vegan dish that is packed with nutrients! The recipe calls for cooking the kale and mushrooms in a wok or large skillet with oil, garlic, and onion. The kale and mushrooms should be cooked until tender and then seasoned with soy sauce and chili flakes. Serve the stir fry with cooked quinoa or brown rice for a tasty, nutritious meal. This flavorful dish is a healthy, delicious way to get essential vitamins and minerals.
Kale and Mushroom Stir Fry
This simple and delicious stir fry is a great way to mix things up and get in some of your daily veggies!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of kale, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have softened and the garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add kale and stir until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
What other vegetables go well in a kale and mushroom stir fry?
Carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, bok choy, snow peas, eggplant, onions, garlic, ginger, and water chestnuts.
What type of mushrooms are best for a kale and mushroom stir fry?
Portobello mushrooms are ideal for a kale and mushroom stir fry because they have a meaty texture and can be sliced into thick strips that will hold up well in a stir fry.