This Kale and Sausage Breakfast Bowl is the perfect way to start your day. The recipe includes cooked sausage, kale, mustard, eggs, and seasonings. Packed with protein and iron from the sausage and vitamins from the kale, this dish is sure to give you an energy boost for the day ahead. The sausage is cooked in a skillet and then the kale is added and cooked until wilted. The mustard is stirred in and seasoned with the spices. Finally, the eggs are added and cooked until set. Serve this hearty breakfast bowl and enjoy a nutritious meal that is sure to keep your hunger at bay.
Kale and Sausage Breakfast Bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it’s no longer pink.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the sausage mixture and mix to combine.
- Create four “wells” in the skillet and crack the eggs into each one.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve the Kale and Sausage Breakfast Bowls warm.