Kale and Sweet Potato Frittata is a savory and delicious breakfast dish that is sure to satisfy any appetite. This recipe starts with sautéing kale, onions, and shredded sweet potato in a skillet until they are tender. Then, the vegetable mixture is combined in a bowl with beaten eggs and a variety of seasonings, and the mixture is poured back into the skillet. The frittata is then cooked until it is set and golden brown. The result is a hearty and flavorful dish that can be served hot or cold. It makes a great meal for a brunch or breakfast on-the-go.
Kale and Sweet Potato Frittata Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 cups kale roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato grated
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- On medium-high heat cook the bacon until crispy then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once cooled, roughly chop the bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the 2 teaspoon of olive oil, onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the kale, sweet potatoes and salt and pepper for seasoning and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, bacon and the cooked vegetables.
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish with olive oil and pour the egg mixture into the dish.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until set.
- Optional: For a golden brown top, turn on your broiler and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
1 thought on “Kale and Sweet Potato Frittata”
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.