Kale and Tofu Stir-Fry is a simple and delicious vegan dish. This vegan-friendly meal starts by lightly frying tofu cubes in oil until they are golden brown. Then, garlic and ginger are added to the pan, followed by the kale and soy sauce. Once the kale has softened, the dish is finished off with toasted sesame oil. The result is a flavorful and nutritious meal that can be served as a side dish or as a main entree.
Kale and Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 16oz package of extra firm tofu
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- Place the tofu on a cutting board and cut it into 1 inch cubes.
- Wash the kale and separate it into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cubed tofu and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Add them to the skillet and stir for about 4 minutes.
- Add the kale and stir to combine.
- Stir in the ground ginger and soy sauce.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the kale is wilted.
- Serve over cooked jasmine rice.