How To Cook Kale Greens Southern Style is a guide to preparing a popular Southern dish. The method starts with selecting and cleaning the kale, then prepping it by hand or with a knife, before cooking it with oil or butter in a skillet. The author also offers advice such as adding garlic or other seasonings, and explains how much water should be added to the skillet, how often the kale should be stirred, and when it’s done. The guide also includes a list of variations, suggesting adding smoked sausage, bacon, or other vegetables such as peppers or onions to the dish. This easy-to-follow guide provides an accessible and tasty introduction to an iconic Southern dish.
How To Cook Kale Greens Southern Style
Kale greens are an incredibly nutritious side dish that are popular throughout the world. Cooking them in a Southern style can add a delicious flavor to the dish. Here’s how to cook kale greens Southern-style:
- Gather the ingredients. You’ll need: 5 cups of kale greens, 3 cloves of garlic (minced), 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of butter, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Heat the skillet. Place a large skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the garlic. Once the butter has melted, add in the garlic and sauté it until it’s aromatic.
- Add the kale. Add in the 5 cups of kale greens. Stir the greens to coat them in the oil/butter mixture and cook for about 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Add the salt. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the greens, stir to combine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve. Serve the kale greens warm, with your favorite Southern-style sides.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Southern-style kale greens!