Kale and Chickpea Curry is a flavorful and healthy vegan recipe. It starts by sautéing onions, garlic, and ginger in a pan before adding a combination of spices such as turmeric, cumin, coriander, and paprika. After the spices have been cooked down, kale, tomatoes, and canned chickpeas are added to the pan. Finally, the curry is finished off with a can of coconut milk and cooked until the kale is tender. Overall, the dish is quick and easy to make and is a perfect hearty meal for those looking for a healthy and flavorful vegan option.
Kale and Chickpea Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring well to combine.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, kale, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste, if necessary.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
2 thoughts on “Kale and Chickpea Curry”
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. So, do you allow me to do this? I want to share your article link to my website: gate io
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it. However, I don’t know much about a certain place. Can you help me?