This delicious Kale and Quinoa Salad is full of healthy, plant-based ingredients and provides an abundance of nutrients. This vegan salad consists of kale and quinoa, two powerhouse superfoods with plenty of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. With a lemony, garlicky dressing, kale becomes tender and flavorful while the quinoa provides texture, crunch and a nutty flavor. To complement the nutty taste, this salad also includes crispy almonds, dried cranberries and diced red onion. The combination of flavors, textures and fresh vegetables make this easy salad perfect for any occasion and a great source of nutrients.
Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine the quinoa and kale in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and kale, and mix until combined.
- Add the feta cheese, red onion, olives, and cherry tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
“What kind of dressing do you use for kale and quinoa salad?”
The type of dressing that is used for kale and quinoa salad typically depends on the individual’s taste preference. Some popular options include, vinaigrette, lemon tahini, balsamic vinegar, garlic dressing, Greek yogurt dressing, and honey-mustard dressing.
What other ingredients are used in kale and quinoa salad?
-Lemons and/or limes
-Extra-virgin olive oil
-Cilantro or parsley
-Cranberries or pomegranate arils
-Salt and pepper