Kale and Mushroom Frittata is an easy, nutritious, and delicious dish. The recipe starts by sautéing simple ingredients like onion, garlic, mushrooms, and kale in olive oil. Then, the mix is whisked together with eggs and topped with cheese. This tasty frittata is then popped in the oven, where it is baked until golden and fluffy. It can be served as a light lunch, brunch, or even as a hearty side dish. Kale and Mushroom Frittata makes the perfect combination of flavors, proteins, and vegetables for an enjoyable and healthy meal.
Kale and Mushroom Frittata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for an additional 2 minutes, until mushrooms are softened.
- Add kale and sauté for an additional 3 minutes, stirring often.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, parmesan, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet and cook until edges are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until frittata is puffed and golden.
- Serve frittata hot or warm, sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese.