Kale and Sweet Potato Hash is a hearty, delicious recipe that is great for a weeknight meal. This dish has simple yet flavorful ingredients, including kale, sweet potatoes, onion, olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, and a pinch of chili flakes. The sweet potatoes are first roasted in the oven, then all the ingredients are sautéed together on the stove. This dish is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it makes for a great side dish to any meal. With only 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking, this is the perfect meal for a busy family.
Kale and Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups torn kale leaves
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and onion. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and broth. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot and enjoy!